Thursday, November 6, 2008

To My Realtors

We all know right now is tough. The sentiment out there in the market is that its horrible. While I agree its tough, I'll challenge the notion it's horrible. Now you must be thinking Dustin, what are you saying. Well let me explain. We all can remember when we got into the business your manager, or someone telling you to stick to the basics.

Even though we are in the people business, you sell homes, I sell the financing to purchase those homes, we have basics to which we must adhere to in order to become successful. I don't like the use of sales techniques to describe skills needed to become successful. To me it boils down to you having character, integrity, honesty, and a true passion to help others.

That's what I mean, the basic fundamental principles in any worthwhile and enjoying career. To right of this blog you'll see a section that says Realtor Educational Resources. I also have some links you can click that will take you to some neat sites with some great information on them. I surf the net looking for ways to improve my business and the business of my partners. I want to share with you some resources I found online that could help with your business right now. I want you to succeed and therefore I'll share anything I find that can be helpful to you and increase your business.

The good news is, the strong will survive in these times. The people who are committed will survive. The people who do not let opportunity pass them by, will see this as a time to hone your skills, fine tune your systems and make changes as needed, and develop a niche so you'll be seen as the expert in that area.

Don't let the media penetrate your mind and fill it with doubt, and doom and gloom. Do you actually think we'll stay like this forever? Absolutely not, and I will stress that if you don't prepare yourself for the upswing, you'll be left behind holding the bag as the market takes off.

Take this time to really get better and implement some systems that will help you succeed. For me reading books is a tremendous tool for me because I love to learn. Also in the section I mentioned above, there is a Real Estate Success Ebook you can get that will give you some more ideas for generating leads, marketing, and even listing presentations. One area I believe you cannot slack on is education. You must be the professional everybody trusts and has confidence in to be the go to person when they need real estate services.

So get the book and tell me some good news on how it helped you achieve a goal or goals. Preferably I want to hear that in plural form. Then after you reach those goals, write some more down and complete those.

To your success, I wish you happy selling. ;o)

No comments: